Wednesday, August 15, 2012

THINKING

PRETTY SCARY THING...AUGUST 15 2012 ....

The thinking part. 

Thinking can get you in to trouble - it can also get you out of trouble. 

I have had a lot of time to think the last few weeks.  Sometimes my head literally spins, there are so   many thoughts tumbling around inside.

A very good, life-long, friend has sent me a couple of inspirational books to read while I am putting in time, waiting for the re-construction to be done, re-arranging my schedule for the remainder of this year, and planning on next year.

I am reading now the small book written by a man, who at one time, was a shepherd.  He knows all about what it takes to keep his sheep healthy, well-fed, and safe.  He also knows that no matter what, they WILL get into trouble.  That is life.

His book refers to the 23rd Psalm, The Lord is my Shepherd, and how we, as humans, are human sheep, always thinking we know best, know it all, always make the right decisions, don't need any help.


I don't know about you, but BOY do I need shepherding ... I look back on my life and wonder how I survived.

But I have over-come, with lots of help I didn't even realize I was receiving, and am still receiving.  The last few weeks could have been so much worse, recovery should of been long-term, but rather, my recovery went way faster than anyone thought, I  am up and going, albeit a little slower than before, but functioning. 

I guess my Shepherd has been following me around for a long time.  I am grateful.

And so remember, we are all human sheep, we need lots of taking care of, so be grateful, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment