Sunday, August 19, 2012

WEEK 5 OVER ... AUGUST 19 2012....

Week 6 approaching.  The kitchen tile is down, game plan is -- the grout will be done tomorrow (Monday).  Anxious to see what will really happen.

Have finally finished editing my Ireland pics.  Have prepared a 'slide show' folder which contains the best of the best, and tells the story of the trip.  Total trip pics - over 4000.  Total slide show pics - 367.  Quite a difference. 

You have to remember I take not only one  pic of something, but lots.  Then comes the fun of deciding what to keep and what to discard.  After the 'keepers' have been kept - and the 'discarders' have been discarded you have 2074 saved pics.  Roughly half of the pics have been discarded.  And 18% of the ones kept have been put into the slide show.

Can you imagine - if I were still using film, how many rolls of 36 exposure film I would have had to purchase (approximately 112) , plus the processing, plus having the 4 x 6 prints made?  The total cost of the three cameras I use plus batteries and memory cards doesn't come anywhere near that cost.  I wonder how you would get 112 rolls of film through security?


All in all, I love digital photography. 

I was worried that my sales would drop drastically because everyone has some sort of camera today, and can take wonderful pictures.

So far sales are as good as in the past.  It may be that I have taken the time to mat and/or frame the pictures - most folks don't take the time, or want to spend the extra money to do this.  Or it may be that I look at the subjects in an entirely different way than most folks.  Don't know, but it works for me.

Well, enough of my rambling.  About time to get dressed for Church.  Hope you all have a good day and God Bless.





No comments:

Post a Comment