Monday, September 26, 2011

GOOD THINGS....AND NOT SO GOOD THINGS....SEPTEMBER 26 2011

For every good thing there is something not quite so good.

Good things first.

Last night the Steelers pulled it out of the hat again, they make you watch clear down to the final seconds to score that winning field goal or touchdown.  Last night was no exception. 

Also last night were the season openers of two of my favorite shows (which used to be on during the week, have been changed to Sunday night) and guess what.  Last night the Steelers were scheduled for one of their few Sunday night games.  Bummer!  Both shows left you hanging last spring.

That should have been a good thing.  Not!  I had two TV's going at the same time, the one in the living room (HD) for the football game, the one in the dining room (not HD) for the two shows THE GOOD WIFE and CSI MIAMI.  So I am bouncing back and forth.  Jerry's is watching the football game in high def, don't you dare touch that remote!  So I behaved, I went back and forth. 

One question.  Football is football.  Breaks are not scheduled for a certain time so they can show their commercials.  So how on earth do they manage to have their commercials at the same time as the regular shows, which have theirs scheduled for a certain time?  What do they do, freeze the players in place so they can cut to a commercial, then un-freeze them when the commercial has ended?

It never fails to amaze me. 

It is another gloomy, cloudy day, supposed to rain some more.  I wonder if I will ever get my potatoes dug.

Now for a complete change of pace.  I have photographed different murals throughout the years, and some of the best I have ever found are in Steubenville Ohio, painted on various buildings.

I thought I would close out this blog with one depicting the steel industry (as at one time the Ohio Valley was very busy with steel mills all up and down the river).

These murals are quite awesome.  If you are ever in the Steubenville area take the time to drive into town and check them out. 

So enjoy your fall day, try to stay dry, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment