Thursday, September 1, 2011

LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE......SEPTEMBER 01 2011...........

Can you believe it is September?  Where has the year gone?  I guess when you're having fun time flies, so I must be having a BALL as time really flies.

To finish my Cass weekend, on the way down we did a short break at the Philippi Covered Bridge - I shared that picture the other day - and then also made a few other stops - for 2 Mail Pouch Barns - for Blackwater Falls - for Harper's Country Store Barn -  and - for Seneca Rocks.

This is Blackwater Falls.  There was quite a bit of water flowing, which made the falls quite spectacular.



This Mail Pouch Barn was quite old, but still standing.  I guess it has a lot of determination.  So many of these old historical barns are now gone.  It is exciting every time I find one that I have not photographed before.  Says a lot for my mentality.

This is the advertising barn for Harper's Old Country Store.  The barn is actually nicer than the store, which looked pretty weather-beaten.


And below is Seneca Rocks.  Sometimes when I have been there you could see rock-climbers practicing on the face of this what-ever.  This ridge runs for miles through the West Virginia Mountains, popping up through the trees every so far.

Seneca Rocks is another of West Virginia's State Park.  I believe West Virginia has the most state parks for it size as any other state.
This is one of those days, when no matter what I tell this stupid computer to do, it is going to do it's own thing.  And my blog is the worst.  I click on left-hand alignment, what do I get - centered.

So I guess you will have to bear with me and wonder if I was drunk when writing this blog.  Guess you'll just have to blame it on my morning OJ and hot tea.  And no, there was nothing in the OJ.

So, off to today's adventures, and there are a slew of them.  Have to take stuff to City Mission, stop at the bank, stop and get Jerry's chipped ham (the only kind he really likes and I can only get it at one store in Washington Pa), drop off my pictures for ART IN THE GARDEN's exhibit and sale on September 11th,  and then off to an interview with PRICE IS RIGHT.

That's right, THE PRICE IS RIGHT.  They are conducting interviews today only in Washington Pa for two winners to be chosen to fly to California, be in the audience, and they are guaranteeing that one of the two contestants will be called to COME ON DOWN!

Wouldn't that be exciting.   But I am not holding my breath.  I have never won anything in my life, so why start now.  But it will be a new adventure just to be there and see what they do and how they do it.  I am always open to new experiences.  That is what keeps me "young".

In the meantime, maybe tomorrow my computer will co-operate, hopefully your day will be good, and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment