Friday, September 9, 2011

HOME AGAIN .. BUT FOR HOW LONG?..SEPTEMBER 09 2011

Got home late yesterday afternoon.  We had a fun and educational weekend, even though I have been to the falls several times, saw things and learned things I did not know.

We drove through rain Tuesday morning until about mid-day, when it cleared up, even had some sunshine.  Checked into our hotel, then started walking, and walking, and walking, and walking.  Then we walked some more.  I think I am 6 inches shorter right now.

We did all the touristy things as Lauri had never been there, and Andy was just a little boy when he was there.  Nancy and I have been there several times, but I do believe that Wednesday was our best day.  In fact all four of us thought so.

We took a one day bus tour, saw places and things around the falls we weren't aware of, traveled as far as Niagara-on-the-Lake and back, wonderful trip, great driver/tour guide, and as there were only 19 of us on the bus, we all knew each other by the end of the day.  It was a great trip, and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

It was the NIAGARA ADVENTURES tour, pick-up and drop-off at our hotel door.  The tour consisted of:

Upper Niagara River, Dufferin Islands, Marooned Scow, Upper Control Dam, Sir Harry Oakes Estate, the Chocolate Factory, the Welland Canal, Mount Carmel Monastery, Niagara-on-the-Lake, a winery for wine tasting, and for folks like Andy and Lauri  who have never ridden the MAID OF THE MIST, They were picked up at the hotel 2 hours early and delivered to the gate for the ride, picked up after the ride to join the rest of us on the bus.  We had a ball, and there will be much more detail down the road.  Right now, just kind of touching base.

Took lots of pictures, have to down-load and edit them.  Will be sharing them with you later, and telling some of the stories.

I guess while we were gone the poor West Alexander Fair was all but rained out.  Also had a massive power outage on Wednesday.  Glad we were at the Falls.  It stayed over-cast, but the only moisture we had to contend with was the mist from the falls, and there was a lot of that. 

As none of us will melt, warp, or peel, we didn't let a little (lot) of mist deter our wanderings.  I did think, though that I should have had some shampoo with me, I could have washed my hair was I walked.  How would you have liked to see that sight - this goofy woman walking along with about a foot of suds on top of her head, washing her hair?  I'll just bit my picture would have been splashed all over the newspapers, and maybe even on TV.  How about that??????  I wonder how long it would take the mist to get all the shampoo rinsed out?

A lot of the time Nancy and I did our own thing, letting the kids do what they wanted to do.  The time went by all too quickly.  It always does.

So am going to close out now, have laundry to do, pictures to edit, meals to plan, car to clean out (how does a vehicle get so messed up on a 3 day trip?  And supposedly we are all adults), luggage to put away until next time, and get my head screwed on straight.

Hope your week has been good and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment