Sunday, September 11, 2011

REMEMBERING....SEPTEMBER 11 2011...........

I don't have too much to say today.  It is a day of remembrance - of the  tragedy, of the the pain, of dis-belief, of the heroes, of which there were more than can be counted, but most of all, I will never forget where I was and what I was doing.  I forget a lot of other things, but that is with me always.

I have watched a lot of the documentaries this week, time permitting, and still have to wonder, how did anyone survive? 

But most of all I think of Flight 93, and what they did to prevent further tragedy.  And to think - the memorial is so close to home.

During my life-time there have been four major pieces of history, and I will always remember where I was and what I was doing.


"SOMEONE" is watching over us
 First - Sunday, December 7 1941 - Pearl Harbor Day, the beginning of our participation in World War II.

Second - Friday, November 22 1963 - The assassination of JFK.


Third - January 28 1986 - the Challenger disaster.

Fourth - September 11 2001 - The World Trade Center, Pentagon, and Flight 93.

First - even though I was just a child, I remember coming home from Church.  My Dad turned on the radio to listen to a football game, there was none that day.  Pearl Harbor had just been bombed.

Second - I was ironing clothes, and had turned on the TV to watch Price is Right.  It wasn't there.  Just pictures of the assassination.

Third - husband Tom and I had just returned from grocery shopping and he turned on the TV to get the local news.  There was none.  Just pictures of the Challenger explosion.

Fourth - I had just taken our car to Washington to have new tires put on.  The TV in the waiting room was on, people were crowded around it, I saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center.

Pearl Harbor changed the lives of every American forever.  Nothing was ever the same.

The assassination of John F Kennedy brought home that no matter who you are, you are not immune to tragedy.

The Challenger brought home, once again, how fragile life is.

The World Trade Center, once again, changed the lives of every American forever.  Nothing has ever been the same.

Bow your heads and say a prayer - for the ones who perished on September 11th, for the ones who survived, for the survivors now passing on because of the contamination, for the families and friends who lost loved ones, and for all of us as we need all the help we can get.

Bow your heads, say a prayer, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment