Thursday, September 29, 2011

MEN 102 and 103.....SEPTEMBER 29 2011........................

If I remember correctly, I gave the lesson on MEN 101 a few days ago.  Well today, it will be Men 102 and Men 103. 

Men 102 - and NO I am not men-bashing - just stating the facts.  What would they do without their "little old ladies" (and NO ONE BUT NO ONE gets to call ME  a Little Old Lady), meaning Mothers, wives, significant others, whatever.

MEN 102

I am sitting back relaxing watching one of my favorite TV shows last night (I deserved to sit back and relax as I finished digging my potatoes yesterday afternoon) when a very panicky Jerry walks into my space.

Local taxes on the properties are due by the last day of September.  The tax collectors have a West Alexander mailing address.  We have a West Alexander mailing address.  duh!! No brainer!!  We still have 2 days to go.  How long can it take a piece of mail to go from W.A. to W.A.?

Anyhoo he had written the checks, put them in their addressed envelopes, placed a stamp on them, laid them down, and forgot about them.  This is where I come in.

He is wanting to know if I would run them in to the post office this morning and ask them if they could please see that they were delivered by tomorrow, which is the last day of September.  

So at 8 a.m. this morning I am at the post office.  Handed them personally to the little gal behind the counter, asking if they would be delivered by tomorrow.  She stamped them right then and there, and as they were still sorting the mail, they would be delivered today.  More points for me.  Believe me, I am keeping tab.  One of these days.........



This is Jerry at his surprise 50th birthday party last year.  Why is he all wet?  Water pistols were on the agenda.  Everyone was wet.  But I am meandering.  Back to the real story.

MEN 103

Saturday, October 1st is opening day for deer season - bow hunting.  Jerry, Tim and Steve have been sighting in their bows, getting ready for the BIG DAY.

Last night was "poor me" night - not me me, but Jerry me.  

Steve with wife Cindy, and Tim with wife Kay, are all going out of town for the weekend.  Well, he can still brag to me when he gets his really big buck.

Nada.  I am going on a one day bus trip on Saturday to Smicksburg (Pa Amish country near Punxatawney). 

The whining started.  Poor me. no one will be here but me and the dogs.  Poor me.  I really have to laugh.  See, I really knew what I was talking about when I said that men needed their hands held.

I do have to admit we have quite a few really nice big bucks on the farm.  Jerry has motion triggered cameras in about 6 different locations, and we have some really awesome pictures of some of the big guys.  Frankly I keep hoping the guys will all miss.  they are far too beautiful to be shot down.  But then I am not a hunter and we really do have far too many deer. 

So now you have completed MEN 101, MEN 102, AND MEN 103.  I wonder how many more Men classes I will come up with.  Only time will tell.  Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment