Monday, September 19, 2011

POST-COVERED BRIDGE FESTIVAL.....SEPTEMBER 19 2011

This was a weekend of the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY.  It is not as bad as it sounds.  It was a lot better than it sounds.  Do I make any sense?  Probably not, but that is normal.  the day I begin to make sense is the day you had better start worrying.

FIRST - THE GOOD.  It was a great weekend, weather-wise, sales-wise,
and friendship-wise.  The first two items speak for themselves.  the friendhip-wise was just that - touching base with many many friends, some of whom I only see at Covered Bridge festival.  It is so good to touch base and catch up.  It was a great two days.

The second good thing (there were many many more, but not enough room here) was meeting Michael, a vendor across from me.  He helped me put my tent up Friday afternoon during set-up, and he, Nancy, John, and I all enjoyed being with him for the festival.  Another new friend to add to the "vendor family".

SECOND - THE BAD.  Good festival friends, John and Nancy, received word that one of their grandsons suffered a very bad fractured leg during a football game on Saturday.  He was rushed to Children's hospital, they would learn more when they returned home Saturday evening.  They are vendor friends, and always next to me at Covered Bridge.

On Sunday morning they were there to open up for business, but a son and daughter-in-law, or daughter and son-in-law, I'm not sure which, were coming later in the morning to "sail their ship" so to speak so they could go to the hospital as surgery was going to be done Sunday afternoon.  Keep them in your prayers.

THIRD - THE UGLY.  It was from Michael that I learned of the passing on of another good long-time vendor friend.  It was very sudden.  It kind of put a damper on the weekend.  That makes two vendor family members that have passed on this year, both were potters, one from Washington Pa., and the other from Wheeling West Virginia.  And because of this you have to think of the "everything comes in threes" scenario.  I desperately hope that does not hold true here.

So today is catch-up day.  Have to do a morning's worth of paper work (got to keep the government happy, and me out of jail), unload the van (didn't feel like doing that last night), go to the bank (I always feel like doing that!), and determining what pictures need to be printed for my inventory at Oglebayfest which is in just a couple of weeks. 

So had better sign off for now, and get myself in gear.  Seems like every year it takes a little longer to get the gears meshed and turning.  So far I am not squeaking, and grinding, just slow. I guess the squeaking and grinding, and stalling is still a little ways down the road.  At least I hope so.

Have a good day, and a good week, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment