Saturday, November 19, 2011

AND THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT.....NOVEMBER 19 2011.......

Our farm is old, as old as the world.  Our house is not - only about 16 years old, so why do I hear strange voices, strange sounds, and things that go bump in the night.

One thought is that at one time Indians roamed, and possibly lived, on our hill top.  We have found arrow heads on the property.  Perhaps their spirits are trying to tell me something.

I have mentioned several times of hearing faint sounds, like very very far off voices.  And I have been startled with sounds like something falling.  I just get laughed at.  I will hear running water, but nothing is leaking.  My imagination is running away with me.  It is old age setting in, my mind is playing tricks, etc., etc., etc.

But yesterday morning things changed.  It was Jerry's day to work at home, he is up early and on line doing whatever it is that he does.  I don't get up that early, but I usually stay up later at night.  However my sleeping habits are not what this is all about. 

I finally got to talk with Jerry while we had our lunch.  He asked me very seriously if I heard a loud thump earlier in the morning (before I was up, not after).  I told him no, why?  He said he heard this loud thump like something falling, and the dogs ran to the door looking out.

Nothing.  Nada.  Now who is hearing things?  The sky hadn't fallen, no trees had blown over, all the outdoor furniture was where it belonged, no strange objects lying around.  So, what was the loud thump.  And this time it was not me.  It was him AND the dogs.  Now who is getting old?  Who is hearing things?  Whose mind is playing tricks? 

Otherwise everything is normal.  As soon as I finish here I am going to stop by the Church to see what goodies I find at their bazaar.  Then to the Post Office for stamps.  Time to mail out my flyers re my third and final photography book to the folks who have asked to be notified.  Then on to Washington to meet with the lady who had ordered pictures from me at Morgantown.  They are ready for pick-up.  The following is one of the pictures.  It looks great done up into the 16x20 size, if I do say so myself.

I wonder what weird things will go bump in the night tonight?  Will it be voices, water, objects, perhaps ghosts, possibly goblins, or perhaps just imagination?  I'll let you ponder these questions while I am running my errands and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment