Saturday, November 5, 2011

WHAT DO I BELIEVE?.....NOVEMBER 05 2011...............

One time I was asked this question?  What to you believe?  How do you know?  How does one answer?

I believe in a lot of different things.  First and foremost I believe in GOD, I can't see him, I can't touch him, but I believe in him. 

I believe in family and friends.  Your family should also be your friends, and your friends should also be your extended family.  I have been greatly blessed with both family and friends.

I believe in laughter - you always remember the things that made you laugh.  Other things can come and go, but the laughter is what you remember.



I believe in crying - we all need a good cry now and then.  It is not something to be ashamed of.  You are not a better person if you never let someone see you cry. 

I believe in compassion - it is so easy to make snap decisions about someone, or something, and 99 percent of the time you are soo very wrong.  Maybe you don't understand, don't like,  but never forget, be compassionate.  Don't make fun.  Don't say something hurtful.  Think about how you would feel if it were you.


This pic was sent to me by a friend, but couldn't resist

I believe in loving.  I believe in sharing.  I believe in having a good time.  I believe in going to Church.  I believe in Christmas and Easter.  I believe in fairies and gnomes and elves and the "little people".  I know they are not real, but it is fun to believe. 



I believe in our country, even though it is mostly going in the wrong direction.  It is still my country, and I would never knowingly do something harmful to my home.





I believe there is a heaven, and I believe it will be beautiful, just like mother earth was once upon a time before we turned her into a garbage dump.  We have tried so hard to destroy what is around us, we forget to look around us and see the beauty.

I believe in trying new things, in learning something new, in traveling to somewhere else, always being able to return home, in reading a good book, listening to a good story, watching a good TV show (there are so few of them anymore) watching a good movie, sharing a drink with a friend, laughing with someone, or crying with someone, being there when needed, not butting in but being available.  I could go on and on.

I believe in dreams, reaching for the stars.  I believe in pots of gold at the end of the rainbow.  In making mistakes.  It is from your mistakes that you learn.  I believe in puppies and kittens, and the unconditional love they bring to you.  Even cats and dogs that don't look friendly can bring you friendship and love.  I believe in wishing on a star, watching a moonrise, seeing a sunset. 





I love to share my pictures and tell my stories.  And so now I will jump off my soap box, hopefully I won't break a leg, and get busy with some of my new pictures I am working up to show for the first time in Morgantown next weekend for their Christmas Festival.  Will be interesting to see what sort of reaction I get.

The sun is shining again today.  Enjoy it.  And don't forget - TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR tonight before going to bed. It's that time of year again.  Darn.  Hate the long dark evenings.  But that too shall pass, and longer days will return.  In the meantime, enjoy what daylight we have and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment