Friday, November 25, 2011

BLACK FRIDAY and MEMORIES OF THANKSGIVING...NOVEMBER 25 2011......

Thanksgiving first.  It was a wonderful day.  House full of people.
 Tables full of food.  Laughter, talking, football, telephone calls from the families too far away to attend. 

First guests arrived 10 a.m, last guests left 10 p.m., everyone pitches in and helps, everything was ready right at 1 p.m., are we good or what?

This morning I feel like I have been hit by a cement truck and run over by a steam roller.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything.


BLACK FRIDAY!  I have never shopped on Black Friday, saw no reason to start today. 

Anyway by Black Friday I already have my Christmas shopping done, and partially wrapped.  No kidding.  I start in January, making my Christmas list.  Still no kidding.  I have my list on my computer as to who I am buying for, with blank spaces waiting to be filled in.  I don't just have this year's list (2011), but 2010, 2009, 2008, etc. so I don't inadvertently buy the same person the same gift year after year.  That would be a great big no no!

So my list has been waiting, and as I would run across something I thought so and so would like, I purchase it, hide it (hoping I remember where) and wait until November.  By the day after Thanksgiving my list has been completed - my shopping is done!  The wrapping has started!

Today will be a busy day.  Have to cook down the turkey carcases to get broth for my Turkey noodle soup I serve on Monday, the first day of deer season, using guns, not bows, not for the soup for the hunting.  For years on the first day we have the soup, sandwiches, and brownies or cupcakes or some such thing for the hunters, and as time has gone by, their families also.  Can have anywhere from 5 - 6 to 10 - 20.  It is another tradition.

Also it is this weekend, usually starting later today, that I get out my trusty Christmas tree, and other decorations and get ready.  This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas as I love seeing the pretty wrapped presents around the tree.  It looks really nice.  Then Christmas Day.  It looks like a disaster area.

Ice skating at Nestlenook Farms in New Hampshire.  What a fabulous place to visit in winter.  Andy and his family and I spent a day there several years ago.  Remind me later.  Have some stories to tell about that day.

So had better quit my rambling and get busy.  Another truckload of memories.  Andy (the Mainer) reported they had 10 inches of snow on the ground.  Better them and us.  For us over-eaters, it is finally starting to settle down some.  For you crazy shoppers, be safe.  And for everyone, the blessings of the season, and God Bless each and everyone of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment