Wednesday, November 16, 2011

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW......NOVEMBER 16 2011.........

When you are going to find that one picture.  Sometimes when you are least expecting it.  Happens to me all the time.  Luckily I usually have a camera with me.  I have learned. 

Last November when at Morgantown  I stayed with my friend Peggy.  She is Vicki's Mom, we have known each other for quite some time.

On Sunday morning last year as we were leaving to return to the festival and then head for home after, there was fog over Maple Lake.  I snapped a couple of pics.  This one went in the business.


This November when at Morgantown  I stayed with Peggy again.  Once again on Sunday morning as we were leaving to return to the festival and then head for home, there was no fog.  But amazing reflections.  I snapped a couple of pics, well maybe more than a couple.  This time I am putting three in the business for 2012.




Next November when at Morgantown, will I be staying with Peggy?  Will there be a picture opportunity once again on Sunday?  Not that I am thinking ahead or anything, just wondering.

So many of my better pictures have happened spur of the moment, in the most unlikely settings at the most unlikely times.  I guess that is what makes what I do so much fun.  I never know from one year to the next, one month to the next, one week to the next, and even one day to the next. I can think that I have my time organized, planned, know what I am going to do, then I walk out a door, or turn a corner.  All the organization and planning just disappears.

And so I decided to give you a sneak preview of the first three new pictures for the business.  They are of the same lake as last year, all done on a Sunday morning in November, using the same camera.....

How do you like the comparison from last year to this year?  It is the same lake, but is it really the same lake?  It is the same time of year, but is it really the same time of year? 

You just never realize how much can be the same, but yet completely different.  Just like life.  No day is ever the same, no hour is ever the same, nor a second.  There is constant change, sometimes noticeable, sometimes not, but the change is there.

You don't realize how much YOU have changed until you run across a picture taken a year ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, and you look at the picture and look in the mirror and you wonder - what happened?  Where did I go? And where will I be tomorrow?  Next week? Next year? 

And so while you are pondering all this deep stuff, just remember to take each day as it comes, enjoy it to the fullest, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment