Sunday, November 20, 2011

BARN CATS - BOB CATS? - MOUNTAIN LIONS? -----NOVEMBER 20 2011......

We have the barn cats.  Three to be exact.  Used to be seven, but are now down to three.  They come to the patio every morning to be fed, will wait for hours if necessary.  The one I call Gray (because she is all gray) is friendly at chow time, rubs on my legs, tries to trip me, lets me pet her, but other times - no way Jose!

The other two are all black.  Perfect Halloween cats.  Neither of them is friendly, they only come close to be fed, then they don't even know you exist. 

Then this past week I received a picture from a family member.  Lives in Pennsylvania.  I sure hope I don't wake up some morning and find this cat on my patio waiting to be fed. 

This cat is just a little larger than I want to face.

I guess they are around, as we get reports every so often of a bobcat being seen.  Makes you wonder what else is lurking around out there that you don't know about.  Makes you wonder if you want to let your dogs out or not.  Makes you wonder if you want to go out or not. 

Got all my errands run yesterday, pictures delivered, even bought oysters for Jerry for oyster soup (stew), whatever.  I'll scrounge up something else for me, as oysters are one of the few things I just don't like.

No Steeler game this afternoon.  Maybe they heard about the wildlife in western Pennsylvania and decided to stay indoors this weekend.  So keep your eyes peeled.  If you see a great big pussy cat, don't call "here kitty, here kitty", just keep your mouth shut, slowly return to wherever you were, and pretend you don't really see a big pussy cat.  It could turn into the commercial where the woman is calling here kitty, and it is a bobcat waltzing into the house.

So on this note will close for today.  Take care, beware of large kitties, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment