Monday, February 20, 2012

ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW ADVENTURE?...FEBRUARY 20 2012.....



Weather permitting.  Nancy and I are planning on driving to Lancaster Pa next Monday, and spending two nights with an Amish family.

I have visited the Lancaster area, and also the Sugar Creek Ohio area, many times, but always as the tourist. 

Nancy has stayed with these folks before and highly recommends the visit.  She has called, and it looks as if we can go Monday morning - weather permitting.  And that is always a big IF.

If they are Amish, how did she call?  She called the nearest telephone booth (these are always every so many miles apart along the roads in Amish country), leaves a message and waits until they return her call.  Took 2 days last week before someone passed on the message and they returned her call.

It will be something completely different to actually stay with an Amish Family, and see all the behind the scenes things you don't experience as just a tourist.  Nancy also told me the lady of the house will take time to ride with us in the car and take us places to see things the normal tourists don't to see.

So I am asking everyone to hope, for our sake, that the weather stays half-way decent.  Bad forecast, no trip.  Neither one of us will drive if the forecast is very bad.

It is something different to look forward to.  Especially eating the Amish cooking.  What could be better than this?

Guess I had better get off my chair and start doing whatever Monday morning things I need to do, haven't narrowed it down yet, am still working on that. 

I have 2 lists - My To Do List, and my Bucket List.  The first list is my work list.  The second my fun list.  I much prefer the second.  Who wouldn't?

And so, what-ever list you are using today, smile while you work and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment