Thursday, February 9, 2012

PURPLE SQUIRRELS and PINK SNOW.....FEBRUARY 09 2012......

No, I haven't gone over the edge.  I am still at home, sitting at my computer, telling it as it was.  So, just how was it?

KDKA TV out of Pittsburgh had the story on their 11 p.m. news last night.  It is about a couple in central PA that had a purple squirrel in their back yard.  You got to be kidding.  Not!

After convincing her husband she was REALLY seeing a purple squirrel he set out a trap, and guess what, he caught a purple squirrel.  Yep.  Purple.  Attached is the picture I copied from the TV station's on-line news.  Thank you KDKA.

No one can explain it's color.  There are Red, Gray, Black, and on occasion Albino (white)  squirrels running around, but purple.  Nope.  The newscaster even talked to an expert from the Pittsburgh Zoo, and, no, he had never heard of a purple squirrel either.

The couple have since returned the squirrel to the wild.  No explanation as to its color. I guess that will remain a mystery. However there was one report of a purple squirrel being sighted in Great Britain a few years back.  Hmmmmmm!

Now for the Pink Snow.  Yes, there really is pink snow.  A couple of years ago, when we had lots and lots of snow, just as the sun was setting there was a pink glow on the white snow, turning the snow pink.  It only lasted for a few seconds,  I managed to get 3 pictures before the snow returned to white.

As you can see, the snow was pink - and white - and I was not crazy.  And no, I did not "manipulate" said picture.  This is the way it was. 

And now that I have blown your minds with my pink and purple stories, sit down, take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the moment.  It is this type of moments that can make your day, make you laugh, and make you realize that we really really don't know it all.  Or make you crazy.  Your choice.  Me I prefer.........

Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment