Friday, February 24, 2012

GIRLS DAY OUT....FEBRUARY 24 2012....

Yesterday was one of those fun, no stress, easy days.  It was Girls Day Out.  Several of us took a one day bus trip to - Pittsburgh - of all places.

But that is the way to go, no stress with the driving, getting lost, trying to find your way to where you want to be, etc.  No fuss, no muss, just an enjoyable day of browsing, and eating, and eating, and eating.  Best part of all.

I'm sorry I'm running late today, had to take the trusty van in for routine maintenance.  My busy time of year is fast approaching and I will be on the road a lot, usually by myself, and wanted to know that the car was in as good condition as possible.  So first thing this morning on my merry way.

Everything that could be inspected was, got my transmission fluid changed and had new spark plugs put in.  Everything else check out A-OK.  Probably the first time I go any distance now something will happen.  That is the way these things seem to work.

Felt like spring when I left this morning, 59 degrees and sun.  When I came home had dropped to 47 degrees, cloudy, and wind blowing like crazy.  Predicting 60 mph wind gusts tonight.  Starting to blow that way now.

Got my Salt Fork Arts Festival application for their festival held in Cambridge Ohio every August.  Got to get my act together, what pics I want to use for jurying, copy them on to a CD, fill out the application and get it sent. 

Only a few more applications to make an appearance, and am waiting for jury decisions on the applications already submitted. Like everything else, you have a deadline to submit, the hurry up part, and the jury decisions to receive, the wait part.  Guess that is life.

Nancy and I still trying to decide what three days we will go to Pa. Amish country.  Between her schedule and mine, it looks as if it will be sometime after the middle of March.  If we are lucky.

Having baked ham loaf for supper tonight.  Haven't had that in a while.  Stopped at Riesbecks on my way home from the car shop and they were just putting out their ham loaf squares, complete with pineapple slice on top, so bought a couple.  Each one weighs in at slightly over 1#, so put one in the freezer and eating the other one tonight.  Guess I'll make scalloped potatoes to go with said loaf, and possibly a Waldorf Salad.  (For anyone not knowing what WS is, it is a red delicious apple sliced and diced, some celery sliced and diced, raisins, chopped walnuts and Miracle Whip), my kids always called it "Apple Salad".

Poor Bossman, ham loaf and apple salad are not two of his favorites, so I'll make sure he gets an extra large helping of scalloped potatoes.  He does love them.  Every once in a while I like to cook something that I like. 
The picture I am attaching is one I took quite a few years ago of one of our sunsets, snow on the ground, and after an ice storm.  What a combination that was.  This picture is now retired, but there sure were a lot them found new homes.

Guess that pretty well takes care of today, unless something unexpected pops up.  Otherwise try not to blow away, stay warm and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment