Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE MERRY-GO-ROUND....FEBRUARY 22 2012.....


Goes 'round and 'round.  Again and again.  No wonder my mind is fried, and I am a dizzy (can't say blond, guess will say gray) and love every minute of it.

Have a full day today.  First, after my blog, is weekly Bible Study.  I really enjoy this hour with the other women, it is amazing how many different ways we have of looking at the same thing.

Immediately after the study ends heading to Washington and Michaels to buy an 14 x 28 frame.  No, I don't do pictures that take that size frame but-----

My Granddaughter Shelby (who is a Junior in HS, but working on her Senior project), decided hers  would be painting an original picture.  She has never used a paint brush in her life, that I know of.

During Christmas break she spent several days with my friend Georgia in Sardis Ohio, (Georgia is an artist and also teaches art classes from time to time, like my photo classes from time to time) and at the end of her visit she had a finished canvas, oil painted no less, needing a frame for her presentation which is at the end of this month.

That's where I come in.  So I need to stop at Michaels and get a frame.  I will have my framing tools with me (not going to get into that), and after leaving Michaels will continue to Ellsworth (about 30 minutes from Washington) to frame said picture.  I have been promised lunch for my pay.  See, I work cheap, just feed me and I am happy.

I am attaching a picture of her painting in progress here, but will photograph and attach a picture of the framed picture, possibly tomorrow. 


Then it will be time to head for home and fix something for Bossman to eat, to keep him from being grumpy, or whatever.  I am meeting a friend for an afternoon out, including supper, on Thursday, so won't be home to feed him.  He always tells me he will survive.  So far he has.

He made it through our 19 day San Diego and Hawaii trip 2 or 3 years ago, so guess he will survive one evening.  Just wait until I really start traveling later this year.  

One disappointment.  the Georgia Cherry Blossom bus trip has been cancelled in March because they did not have enough folks sign up for it.  Maybe another time.  Can't win them all.

Am looking at an Ocean City trip in May.  Will see what happens.

Of course will be going to Phoenix in April to visit the kids.  That is always a fun time.  Also in May the first A&C festival of the year is in Morgantown WV.  Time to get my feet wet, so to speak, and get ready for the remainder of the year.  Somewhere in there will have to start cleaning off flower beds, order and spread mulch, and get ready for summer. Can't believe next week is March already.

Well, better sign off here and get started on my day.  What do you have planned for today?  Whatever it is, be safe, have fun, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment