Monday, February 27, 2012

LET's GO BACK IN TIME....FEBRUARY 27 2012.....


...not by time machine, but a look back.  The year is 2008 - that is four years ago already.  Wow!

I have a friend, and neighbor, who had to make a business trip to Connecticut.  She was driving so asked me if I would like to go with her to keep her company.  I am not about to say NO.

We stayed in Hartford.  There were other employees from other branches of this company there, and as they would car-pool back and forth I was given the keys to her car.  Every morning that week after she and the others left, I would take off, seeing what I could see.  What a fun week it was.  We all met up in the evening and went out for dinner.  I had the most fun of all.  They all had to work!

I will share the highlights, and pics, with you today, and probably for the next couple of days.  It is called "copping out".  I don't know what else to talk about.  So here goes.  Just don't snore when you nod off.

I found near New Haven the Carousel Horse Museum, a most unusual Church, and the New Haven Harbor Light House along a sandy beach.

The Carousel Horse Museum was located in Lighthouse Point Park, a two in  one stop.  The lightouse, also know as Five Mile Point Light, has been there over 70 years, you can picnic in the park, ride the carousel, play in the water, and enjoy the lighthouse.




I am also showing the "Unusual Church" I stopped to photograph.  I wish I knew the history, but didn't really have time to do much more than look, enjoy, and photograph.


This pretty much took care of day 1 (Monday, if you haven't figured that out).  Will get into day 2 tomorrow.  Unless something earth-shattering happens, or comes along, or whatever.

I think WAR HORSE should have taken it for best picture, but then that is me.  In case you can't keep up with me, watched the oscars off and on last night.  Talk about a change in pace.  Did I throw you all off?

Better sign off here before I damage your brains beyond repair.  Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment