Sunday, February 5, 2012

DID YOU MISS ME? Please don't say NO ... FEBRUARY 05 2012.....


I have no clue how someone who is retired, does not have to go to work, does not have to chase kids, can run so completely out of time.

Had good intentions yesterday, all planned out, even for blogging which would be a little bit late, but that happens. I had it all under control, so I thought.  Piece of cake.  

It turned out that our friendly groundhog is the only accurate forecaster around.  He gets an A-plus.


So here is how my day went yesterday.

Had an early appointment.  When I left it was cloudy.  By the time I arrived it was raining.  by the time I started home it was snowing.  And snowing.  And snowing.  A heavy wet snow.

So what does that have to do with blogging.  Quite a bit so it seems.

We have a dish for our computers.  It is either that or dial-up.  No fios in our area, nothing that sophisticated in our area.  So what was the problem?  When it snows the snow piles up on the dish.  When the snow piles up on the dish it can't receive signals from outer-space, or wherever they come from.  Without  the signals we have no Internet connection.  No internet connection no blog.

So I was grounded all day, no e-mail, no facebook, no blog, no nothing.  Was able to play lots of solitaire though.

After the snow quit falling, Jerry was able to sweep the snow out of the dish, and so I was back in business.  Also got to finish the book I was currently reading - I do read a lot, always have.

A lot of other things have happened this weekend, so far and I will go into more detail down the road.  Whenever I get it figured out.  Which will take some doing.  That's what keeps me busy.  

Will try to get my act together so tomorrow I will not sound like a complete idiot. Or maybe just partly idiotic. Perhaps that is why I sometimes resemble the following:



By the way, all pictures I show are ones that I have taken, unless indicated otherwise.  Just by looking at some of the pictures will make you really believe that I am not quite all there.

I hope your day is a good one.  Who are you
 rooting for to win the Superbowl.  Since Pittsburgh flunked out I guess I will root for New England.  I dislike them a little less than I dislike Baltimore Ravens.  At least I will not feel like throwing something at the TV when MY team does something stupid.  

Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment