Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BOSTON - DAY ONE............................................

Day one was mostly travel - to the airport, landing in Boston, taking the Enterprise shuttle from the airport to their facility, getting my car, figuring out what all the buttons and whistles were about, hooking up my GPS - Yes I took my GPS with me.  Good thing I did.  Without it I wouldn't even have been able to get out of Enterprises parking lot!

I arrived early afternoon, traffic was heavy, really heavy, and it wasn't even rush hour yet.  I'm thinking - "what in the heck am I doing here.  I must be out of my cotton-pickin' mind".  Luckily my car had Florida license plates on it, so some, a very few some, drivers took mercy on me and let me merge, or change lanes, or whatever was thrown at me.

By the time I reached Bedford and my hotel, I was exhausted.  Literally.  But after an hour or so decided to do some exploring.  I had found info here at home on a grist mill somewhere in the area.  So off I went.

Luckily traffic at Bedford is not heavy, small town stuff, and with the mill's address plugged into my GPS, I was on my way.The travel time indicated on the GPS was 40 minutes, I think I arrived in 45.  Pretty good.  If the rest of the week goes this well, piece of cake.

This little mill was just a few miles beyond the Wayside Inn, which is a lovely old Inn and restaurant.

I was able to tour the mill, saw the grinding wheels that made grain into flour, etc.  There was also a display of freshly ground items you could purchase.


I probably took two dozen pictures of this little mill from different perspectives, and will, down the road, decide on one to be added to the business.

After I finished at the mill, I returned to my hotel, went out for supper, and then called it a day.  I wanted to be in Boston first thing in the morning to ride the Old Town Trolley, see what was what, and decide at which stops I would hop off the trolley. 

All in all it had been a long day, I was definitely ready to crash.  I remember turning on the tv to watch my normal Wednesday night shows, wakened up sometime during the night, turned off the tv, and that is the last I remember.

I'll share day 2 with you tomorrow, or at least a part of it.  One thing I know for sure, you couldn't pay me enough to live and drive in Boston, and I had several more days of it.  Pray for me and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment