Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY.............................................

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

I was not supposed to have electric today.  There was a major over-haul planned, and our whole area was advised that the power would be off all day today.  Because it was Mother's day, all the dinners scheduled were cancelled
along with church services, and everything else. 

I guess after a bejillion complaints the powers that be decided to postpone the over-haul until a later date.  The thing is, they failed to let the public know until it was too late to reschedule all of the celebrations and dinners.  Church, yes, but too late for everything else.

I can't help but wonder about the powers that be, why would you schedule a major power outage on a, sort of, holiday?  Doesn't anyone out there who is supposedly in charge look at the calendar?  Don't they realize what goes on in the real world?  Are they so involved in their world that nothing else matters?

So we have power today.  The outage will be rescheduled.  I wonder if they will make it Father's Day, maybe Memorial Day, or the 4th of July.  That would be par for the course.

One good thing I want to share, my friend Betty, living in Ohio, sent me a link to a neat video.  There is a web cam posted near a Bald Eagle nest.  By clicking on this link you can watch, in real time, the hatching of the eggs, and the baby eagles.  As this is in real time, what you are watching is happening now. 

The link is http://www.coolestone.com/media/1918/EagleCam/

I think you will enjoy this.  My thanks to Betty for sharing with me.

Have a happy Mother's Day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment