Sunday, May 1, 2011

IT's A DAMP SUNDAY MORNING...............................

Damp this morning.  Rain predicted off and on all day.  Can't complain as yesterday was a picture-perfect day.  I spent most of it outside, taking care of my flower beds.  I only have 3 smaller ones to do, and will be ready to order my mulch.  That probably won't happen until I return from Boston.

Going to finish today's blog, get a few things done around the house, then off to Church.  I have missed the last 3 Sundays, and somehow my week doesn't seem to run as smoothly when I have missed Church as it does when I have attended.

Three weeks ago I was at the South Hills Art Show.  Two weeks ago I was in Arizona, but have to rearrange what I said above.  Linda and I did attend Church with Mark and Rachel, who had been invited to attend a Baptist Church that a friend of Rachel's belongs to.  They were celebrating Palm Sunday with the ringing of the bells, we thoroughly enjoyed the service, and to say the least it was quite different from my traditional country Methodist Church service. 

Last week, Easter Sunday, I had planned on attending early church so I could be home do last minute preps for Easter Dinner later in the day.  At the last moment I was informed that early church had been cancelled because of sunrise service, and breakfast following.  First Easter I have missed in years.

Starting the first weekend in June is my busy time of year, going through early November.  I have 11 weekends of festivals scheduled, and as they are usually Friday-Saturday-Sunday, I cannot attend Church. 

I do have a tendency to feel guilty, I grew up going to Church weather I wanted to or not, It is a big part of my life. 

By the same token, though, I also believe that I am forgiven, for if it was not in the bigger picture of my life to be successful in what I am doing, I would not still be in business almost 35 years later, still doing what I love to do. 

I also know this season of my life is winding down, I am just taking it one year at a time now, hoping for several more festival years, only time will tell.  This year is booked, in December applications will start arriving for 2012.

By then I should have the feel as to whether I should apply or not.  I will know when the time comes what I should do. 

There you can see where "planning" comes into play.  I am planning next year already.  I don't even know if there will be a "next year", but if there is, I am planning.   Maybe someone else has other plans for me. 

In the meantime though, I am enjoying my life, taking advantage of every day in some shape or form, and always looking forward.  The past is past.  No sense dwelling in what if's, what should's, what might have been's, so look forward.  I might be surprised at what lays ahead.

Everyone out there enjoy your day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment