Thursday, May 26, 2011

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY................

How true.  Right now my mind is pretty blank.  I spent yesterday just puttering, making up menu for Memorial Day cookout, making grocery list for said cookout, will go shopping this afternoon.    I will probably spend all day Friday and Saturday with food preparation, we are celebrating on Sunday this year.  Jerry has other plans for Monday, and he is my grill-er.

In addition been checking my picture inventory, getting organized and re-organized for the start of festival season.  My first big festival is the weekend of June 11-12.  Next will be June 24-25-26.  Also Dave and Linda coming in from Phoenix on the 25th for about a month here at home.  Always look forward to their visit.  Good thing Jerry is around.

July 8-9-10 will be at Cleveland Heights, Ohio, July 15-16 at Dublin Ohio, and July 28 the one day Barnstormers picnic in Belmont Ohio.  That is always a fun day, will be their 10th anniversary, I have been to all but the first one. 

You can see how busy I will be, that is 5 weekends in two months.  And I still have August, September, October and November to go.  At least I know I have something to look forward to.

And then there is yard to mow, still need to get mulch for flower beds, and haven't gotten my garden planted yet - have all the seeds and plants, just can't get enough dry time to re-till the garden so it can be planted. 


One of my flowers in bloom - Oriental Poppy

Behind our machine shed, a short distance from the house, there was a group of wild cherry trees, and because there was a lot of shade I had my "shady garden", there, ferns and hostas and lillies, etc., that like the shade.  We also had a comfortable bench out there where you could sit in the shade and enjoy the view and the shady garden flowers.  One of my favorite spots.
My Rhododendron


I say was because during one of our horrendous lightning storms while I was in Boston, the trees got struck by lightning.  Did a real number on them.  But at least the building was spared.  Trees had to be cut down.  I still have the garden, the bench, and one lone crab-apple tree that survived the lightning.  It will make some shade but not like it used to be.  Jerry planning on getting a dogwood tree to plant out there to give more shade.  They won't get as tall as the cherry trees did. 

What is left of the "Shady Garden"


Otherwise we have survived all the storms that have moved through this spring.  We have broken records for total amount of rainfall for this period of time.  And it is still May.

Sort of sad, isn't it. 

So, I had better sign out here and get busy doing real work.  Sunday will be here before you know it.  I hope your day goes well and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment