Thursday, May 5, 2011

THE CYCLE OF LIFE - or - AM I REALLY THAT OLD......

A week ago I was in Arizona, my third Arizona great-granddaughter was born while I was there.  A new life, a new beginning.

Next week I will be in Boston to witness the college graduation of my grand-son Kurtis.  He is very tall, has played basketball his entire life, and has studied Sports Management.  He would like to be a basketball coach or manager.  A child grown-up, ready to begin his adult life.

Today I visited the local funeral home to pay my respects.  The Mother of a friend of my sons Mike and Jerry has passed on.  Sally went to school with  these  two sons, even dated Mike for a short time before they all moved on with their lives. 

My children are at that stage of their lives where the parents of their friends are beginning to pass on.  The becoming an adult is moving on to middle age.

And then there is me.  Most of my visits to the funeral home is for the passing of friends.  Sometimes I wonder why I am still here.  Maybe it is because I keep telling myself I am not getting older, just getting.  Getting stiff, getting cricky, aches and pains, hair turning gray, face getting wrinkled, all the great stuff that the golden years are made of.

Hence this is the cycle of life, - birth - becoming a young adult - then a middle-aged adult - and finally the "older generation".

The years go by so fast, it makes your head spin. 

I can't claim this picture of the special moon
 I sometimes wonder if the moon isn't, possibly a slight detour, on our way to the new adventure, where we can stop and pause for a moment, saying goodbye to the old life, and looking forward to the new life.


This picture of the moon I took in March of this year, when the moon was it's closest to the earth in quite a number of years.  The reason I wondered about it being a side trip, look closely, the moon is in the center of the cross.

I don't know what your thoughts are, but I kind of like to think the moon is there for another reason than just circling the earth.

Whatever, the cycle of life continues.  Enjoy whatever cycle you are in and God Bless.





No comments:

Post a Comment