Friday, May 6, 2011

YESTERDAY MY PLAN WAS..................................................

I finished my everyday, normal morning routine.  Wednesday I planted 160 impatiens plants .  Yesterday I waited for the morning dew to burn off, and while waiting I worked some more on the flower beds that have not been prepped yet.

That was the plan.  Also when the grass dried off I wanted to start mowing.  I probably won't get all the yard done (5-6 hours), but will at least get the back done.  I mow all the way up to the cornfield.

I will probably have to call Tim and tell him to come bale the yard, that is how high and out of control the grass is at the present time.  Looks like mown hay when I finished.  But I do so love the smell of fresh cut grass, or fresh mown hay.  There is nothing quite like it.

Guess what - all went according to plan.  It was a beautiful blue sky white cloud day, chilly enough to wear a sweat-shirt, comfortable for working out. 

I now know why they call it working out.  You really get a work-out when you are working out.  Figure that one out.

The grass was taller than I had anticipated.  Took me 4 hours just to mow the back yard - there were times the grass was so thick that I had to go over the same area twice, to make sure there were not stray clumps sticking up.  It desperately needed raking, we have a pull behind the tractor rake and catch basket, but I did not have the time, nor the energy, to tackle that job.  That is normally Jerry's job anyway - I will mow, he can rake.  

This morning I have some more flower prep to do.  Then if it isn't raining I will mow the front yard this afternoon.  Can't mow in the morning this time of year as the grass never drys off enough to mow until about noon.

Yesterday's plan went quite well.  But ...... there was a surprise that was definitely not in the plan.

About mid-afternoon, while going up and down and around and around mowing the yard, I saw a vehicle coming up my driveway.  Now where we live it is 3/4 of a mile from the main road to my house, all up hill, a dead end road.  So you don't just get the occasional stranger at my house.  Every time someone new comes, they always tell me, "I had a really hard time finding you".

Anyhoo this brown panel truck is coming my way.  I shut down the mowing blade and rode the tractor over to the driveway.  The logo on the side of the truck read WASHINGTON SQUARE FLORISTS.  Florists?  Flowers?  Light bulb - Mother's Day.

The gentleman delivering the flowers couldn't get over the view.  No one can.
And then he presented me with one of the BIGGEST and most BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers in a glass vase I have ever seen. 


The flowers were from son Michael and daughter-in-law Tammy.  Aren't they gorgeous.  Don't worry about the critter in front of the vase, that is dog Sam's contribution.  This critter is one of the many that Sam and Coco have laying around the house.  They are worse than kids, as fast as we gather up the toys and put them in the dog's toy basket, they are back on the floor again.  One of the dogs always brings a toy to you when you come home, or they want something.

Needless to say I finished my mowing with a big smile on my face.

I wonder what today will bring?  Enjoy your day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment