Monday, May 2, 2011

ONCE AGAIN THE "PLAN" IS BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER.....

I had, in my mind, what today's blog was going to be.  Even had the pictures ready to add to said blog.  Then about 10:45 p.m. last night everything changed.

I know everything changed, not just for me, but for America as a whole.  Finally, finally, the head honcho who was responsible for nine eleven had been tracked down and done away with.

I can remember, so very clearly, the tears the day I watched the live destruction of the twin towers, the pentagon, and the plane crash, not too awfully far from where I live, in Shanksville Pa.

I can remember the awful hollowness inside of me, realizing that we, as everyone else in the world, are vulnerable.  We can, and had been attacked.

The years have passed, it will be 10 years on September 11 2011.  The search has continued, we would hear some reports off and on, but life went on, other things took over the news, both good and bad, we all moved on with our lives, looking ahead, as the past was past.

I was watching CSI MIAMI, one of my favorite shows.  When the first ticker tape came across the screen indicating that President Obama would be speaking shortly, all I could think of was "why does this have to happen now, I won't get to see the end of my show!"

With 10 minutes to go, the entire scene changed, the newscasters appeared, and it was "the heck with the show, I'll catch it in re-runs". 

This morning the entire country is celebrating this victory.  I know we grumble, complain, tear the government apart at the seams, but we must remember - this is still the greatest country in the world in which to live, and we complain constantly about all the illegal immigrants, but to them they are looking for a better life in the greatest country in the world.  There should be some way we can alleviate the "illegal" part of the immigration.  After all, we are all immigrants, unless we are related to the native American Indians.

I agree wholeheartedly that we should not have to pay billions to support illegals, I do not know what the answer is.  That is up to the people who are a whole lot smarter than I am.

I just know I am, like everyone else in the country, relieved that one of the worst terrorists since Adolph Hitler has been eliminated.  Yes, I remember him.  God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment