Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A GOOD WEEKEND PAST

AND A DISAPPOINTING WEEKEND ... SEPTEMBER 12 2012...

Coming up.

The good weekend - Elizabethtown.  Finished my paper work and turns out I sold 22 pictures. I guess my new layout is working just fine.

The disappointing weekend - Covered Bridge coming up this coming weekend..  I had to cancel it as it was one where I have to put up my tent and I didn't want to push myself too far.

CB has been one of my favorite festivals for more years than you want to know about.  But things can't always be the way you want them to be.   Everyone has disappointments.  That is part of living.  You can either let them get you down, or you can put them aside and plan for the future. 

And planning for the future for me is in full auto-pilot.  I am driving my family nuts, but isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

Oglebyfest is just three weeks away. 

Back to the past weekend, I also sold two of my large pictures at Art in the Garden in Washington last Sunday.  The art show and sale is open from 2 - 6 p.m. Sunday afternoon.  They always have a large crowd of folks looking for new art-work. 

So all in all last weekend was very good for me, both sales-wise, and personal-wise.  I spent time with good friends, found that I actually could do, and enjoy, the weekend, didn't have any bad repercussions, or anything else, and am looking ahead.

Going to share a pic with you.  Two good friends, Bob and Beverly Mull from Moundsville, are always at the festival, as Bob is the TOWN CRIER.  And, boy, he does fit the part.  He has a great voice, you have no problem hearing his "Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!" announcements.  And the home-made bread.  Breads with ingredients you would never think of.

I bought a loaf of apricot and almond bread.  Toasted with butter and a little brown sugar, to die for. 

Enjoy the beautiful fall day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment