Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DON'T YOU DARE LAUGH BUT

I HAVE PUMPKIN PATCH COUNTER TOPS ... SEPTEMBER 04 2012 ....

Yes - you have read this correctly.  No I am not crazy.  No you are not crazy.  This is the honest-to-goodness truth, I have PUMPKIN PATCH COUNTER TOPS.  Don't you wish you were so lucky?????

All my counters are installed along with the wall cabinets.  They will not be measuring for the counter tops until Friday.  Had to make the kitchen functional.  There was no way I was not going to make it as easy as possible for Lauri to make her spaghetti sauce!  What an awesome supper we had Saturday night.

The workmen took raw ply wood and cut it to size and placed it on top of my counters.  Good and sturdy.  Good and rough.  Impossible to clean.  Whoopy ding dong bell.

So of course I had another one of my BRILLIANT ideas.  And, naturally, I got a lot of THOSE LOOKS, but when did I ever let that stop me?

Off I go to WalMart.  Looked at the cheapest vinyl flannel back table cloths.  The only decent pattern was - can you guess?

If you can't I will have to give you lessons in mind boggling brilliant ideas.

NOW you are functioning on all cylinders.  They were fall pumpkin patch table cloths.  It is fall after all, the pumpkins are getting ripe in their little patches, so what was wrong with that?

I bought 2 table cloths, brought them home, along with thumb tacks, and showed son Andy what I wanted to do.  Another one of THOSE LOOKS.    I am getting pretty used to them by now.

And so the table cloths were cut to fit each of the counter tops and island top, placed (flannel side down, of course) on the proper counter top and nailed down with the thumb tacks.  Why thumb tacks?  Duh!  If I used nails they might go clear through the plywood and ruin the cabinets.  Then I would be banned from the kitchen forever, maybe even the house forever.

Now the counter tops can be wiped off, and I have a pumpkin patch in my kitchen.  Looks pretty neat in a strange sort of way.


I never realized how brilliant I was until now.  Everyone coming to Lauri's famous spaghetti sauce spaghetti  dinner Saturday loved them.  They all knew they had better keep their  REAL thoughts to themselves.

Talk about decorating for fall.  This beats all, takes the cake, whatever.  Don't you all wish you have pumpkin patch counter tops?  Then again ......

One thing is for sure.  I never get bored, and I never let those around me get bored. 

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I know I did.  Even the West Alexander World's Fair made it through the first day without the predicted heavy rain-fall.  Life is good.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment