Wednesday, September 26, 2012

COMPUTERS

A HATE / LOVE RELATIONSHIP....SEPTEMBER 26 2012 ....

After my blog yesterday I had a great phone call from 'Belmont Betty' with a suggestion. 

As I am completely computer il-literate I never (almost) do anything without running it by bossman.  He is one of the IT guys where he works and knows 'all' about computers.

I know how to do what I have to do, when I try to do something I know that I know how, and it doesn't work - time to panic.

Told him last night about problem.  First thing said "what did you do this time?"  I didn't do anything. 

Asked him this morning about restoring the computer, how much would I lose, etc. etc.

His reply was "What is the problem?"  Time to throw hands in the air.  Told him I ran the problem by him last night.  His reply "Tell me again, I have forgotten."

He said to show him.  I sat down, pulled up an e-mail and opened it, then told the computer to forward said e-mail.  Clicked on the "TO' button and my contact list appeared.  Checked several boxes, while he was watching, told him how when I clicked on 'select' all the boxes came unchecked and no names appeared in the 'TO' box.

I clicked on select.  The boxes, of course, became un-checked.  BUT..... a really BIG BUT..... the names were in the TO box, ready to send.  I could hear the computer laughing hysterically.

Jerry's comment "Had to be something local".

Now, that can be taken several different ways.  I was sitting at the computer.  I was local.  Did he mean me?  Or could it be something to do with our local Internet connection, where they were doing something funky.

I HATE COMPUTERS.  But I have no choice.  I need my computer.  It knows I need it.  It loves to make my life miserable by doing strange things, getting me blamed for the strange things, and laughing hysterically.

You notice hysterical comes up quite a bit.  I wonder why?

I do want to thank Belmont Betty for her e-mail and phone call.  It is wonderful having the friends that I have, even if I am an hysterical female.  Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment