Tuesday, September 25, 2012

AM I STUPID

OR JUST DUMB???...SEPTEMBER 25 2012....
This is what stupid and/or dumb feels like.  Thanks to someone out there who was nice enough to put 'my' picture on the internet.

I don't opt for either one, but one of them must be true.  First of all - I HATE COMPUTERS.  WITH A PASSION.  THOROUGHLY AND COMPLETELY.

Second of all - I HAVE TO DEPEND ON MY COMPUTER TO KEEP my banking balanced, to keep my business running, and keep my calendar up-dated so I know where I am supposed to be and when.

Third of all - I HATE COMPUTERS.

When we changed internet providers I had to create a new e-mail account.  I went with g-mail.  I have been completely satisfied UNTIL THE LAST 10 DAYS.

Suddenly, when I want to forward an e-mail I can't add any addresses.  None.  Nada.  Blank.

I click on forward, then click on the word TO, which brings up my contact list.  I check the boxes beside the names I want to receive this particular e-mail and when I click on SELECT, all the boxes become un-checked and no names go into the TO box.  WHY ME?????

I spent almost three hours yesterday looking at every single thing about g-mail and google, could I find 'help'?  Of course not.  Don't get me wrong, there is a 'help' button.  But when I click on it it just gives me a list of 'possible' problems and the solution.  My  'problem' is not on any list.  And no-where is there any info on who I could contact, on an e-mail address I could refer my problem to - absolutely nothing.

And so, unless someone out there has the solution, and phrases it in one syllable wording, there will be no further e-mails forwarded.

I am NOT going into my contact list and pasting the e-mail address of whatever recipient and forwarding the e-mail, then going in again and choosing my second, etc., etc.

I must be missing something.  Until a week ago everything worked perfectly.  I still have the same computer .  I still have the same e-mail address.  I still have the same list of contacts.  I still have the same everything.  Therefore I must be stupid, or dumb, or whatever.

I hope you are having a better day than I am and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment