Thursday, September 27, 2012

LITTLE BITS

OF EVERYTHING....SEPTEMBER 27 2012 ....

It is one of those days.  Nothing and everything.  Supposed to be workers here to start the cosmetic work on the kitchen, etc.

Got all excited.  Heard vehicle in the driveway.  When no real people materialized want out on the deck to see what was what.

Just about then a truckload of gravel was dumped.  What on earth?  We don't use gravel in the kitchen. 

Then the light-bulb came on.  Landscapers.  But they are not supposed to be here until next week.  Carpenters are supposed to be here today.  No wonder I am nuts.

I guess the landscaper is ready to start putting in our new sidewalks so you don't have to: 1. walk on the grass, or 2. try to walk on very uneven stones.  He is planning on starting tomorrow, depending on the weather.

Will probably have the sidewalks before the remodeling is done. 

Then bossman called me from work.  I guess the carpenters are on their way.  I'll believe that when I see it.

Now for better things.  Yesterday morning when I sat down at my computer (yes, I haven't used the sledge hammer on it yet) and glancing out the window there was a young deer, still had its spots, laying in my front yard, happy as a little lark.  Mom was grazing not too far away.



Seems pretty late for young deer with their spots, but we have noticed that the young are being born later and later in the season.  They are as out of whack as I am.

They must have been there for a good 20 minutes, after I saw them.  Don't know how long before.

A week to go and will be setting up for Oglebayfest.  One of my very very favorite fall festivals.  Oglebay Park is such a beautiful place to start with, and when the festival is in full swing, the park is packed (literally) with people.  You had better not wait too long before you head to the restroom, as you will have to fight your way through the crowds.

Doesn't matter what the weather.  The folks still come and come and come.  I have done this festival in 90 plus degree weather, pouring down snow, gusty rain-storms, wet and so cold you could not roll up the sides of the tents because they were frozen solid.

Did I say this was an outdoor festival?  The good thing is - they put up the big tents (each tent holds 12 exhibitors), they are well staked down, so far nothing dastardly has happened.

So pray for a nice weekend.  Take the time to come and visit.  But come early as it gets very crowded later in the day.  In addition to the artist's market (where I will be) there is a Germanfest, Country fair, ethnic food, the Garden Center, the Lodge serving their famous breakfast buffet, you name it, it is there.  This is a park-wide festival.

Enjoy your day, stay dry, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment