Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!...APRIL 18 2012....
This is a Russ Shaffer original wreath, one of a kind.

That's right.  Christmas shopping.  In April.  Why not?

I have, for years, started my shopping the beginning of the new year.  I have a special place that I put what I buy, and I have a spread sheet on my computer listing every person I intend to buy for, and as I find things I add them to the list.

Otherwise I would never remember who gets what? 

Another reason I do this is that when I travel I am always watching for something I think someone would like.

But the best part -- I actually do have a Christmas Club.  The checks come out November 1st.  By November 1st my shopping is 99.9% finished.  So, what do I do with the money? 

Now just stop and think for a minute.  What do I like to do best?  Besides taking pictures?  Should be a no-brainer.

It goes in my TRAVEL fund.  It helps with the bus tours, visiting family in Maine and Arizona, and other fun things that come along during the year.  It also gives me a variety of new pictures to add to the business.  What fun!!!

Speaking of business - as you know my pictures are in categories to make it easier to browse.  I am going to have a new category for 2012 - CASTLES.  I am beginning to find castles on my travels.  I never realized how many actual castles there are in the United States.  In fact one of my days in Phoenix will be locating three castles that we are aware of.

And then there is my trip to Ireland.  Should be able to find a couple of castles over there.

As I close-out older categories, I add new categories.  Keeps everything up-to-date with the trends, and other stuff.

So had better get in gear, get busy, and try to stay out of trouble.  No easy task.

Had one surprise yesterday.  When going into the shed (where the mowing tractors, gardening tools, and all kinds of stuff is stored) to get my flower-bed cleaning stuff, walked in the door and there was a big old 'coon sitting on a workbench staring at me.

It (I don't know if male or female) looked as me as if "what are you doing in here.  This is MY space".  Then he/she jumped down and ambled across the back of the shed and went under a pile of stacked lumber.

Needless to say after finishing my flowerbed work for the day, I called Tim, told him about the 'coon, and he said he would bring a box trap up today and put it in the shed.  Did I ever say I never get bored?

Well, better get cracking as time is a-wastin'
Hope you all have a good day, and no surprise visitors.  Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment