Tuesday, April 17, 2012

IT REALLY IS SPRING ... APRIL 17 2012......

And just how do I know that?  Must be because my purple and white iris is blooming.  Right.  Has 7-8 flowers and lots of buds.  Talk about early.

Today it is calm, if no rain moves in I will be outside working on my flower beds.  Running out of time.  Still have 2 -1/2 to do, and I leave next week for Arizona.  Upon my return want to get my mulch ordered.

Will get to give my new camera a work-out when in AZ.  We are going on a photo shoot to Antelope Canyon - one of the prettiest canyons in Utah.  Will be a 3 day jaunt, really looking forward to it.  Hopefully I will know what I am doing with it when I go to Ireland.  Maybe.  If I am lucky.  Who knows?

Was starting to panic - down to my last 2 books to read.  I read all the time, even when watching TV - yes I can read and know what I am reading and also know what is happening on TV.  Talk about a messed up head.

Had to make a run to WalMart yesterday, and lucky me, they had a lot of their hard-back books on sale - $4.99 each - cheaper than the paper backs.  I grabbed a few by authors I really enjoy.

How do I know if I have read them or not?  Well, you have to be smart like me.  I don't believe I said that.  Anyhoo I keep a running list on my computer of books, in alphabetical order by author, then book title, that I have read in recent years.  I also carry a printed copy of that list.  Pretty soon it will be a book in itself.

When I find a book that looks interesting, I check the list to see if I had read it or not.  Saves buying duplicate books, which I have done more than once.

I always carry a book with me when I travel, sometimes more than one depending on the length of the trip and the itinerary.  There is always time sometime in the evening to read.

So I am covered for Arizona.  My sister is also a reader, and as she finishes books that have been passed on to her, she passes them on to me, and after I read them I pass them on to others.  She has books for me, but we are both busy, she lives in Martins Ferry, Ohio, and so far we haven't been able to make connection.  The good thing - the longer I have to wait the more books I get.

Well, time to get busy.  I wonder how our mission group in Joplin Missouri are doing?  Will be great to hear all about it.  Keep them in your prayers and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment