Saturday, April 14, 2012

FRIENDS.....SEPTEMBER 14 2012.........
My granddaughter Jennifer's reflection in the mirror when she and I were visiting Fort Ontario State Park in New York state a few years ago. 

Funny, I was sitting here thinking about Vicki when the phone rang.  It was Vicki.  We keep checking up on each other.  At least that is our excuse.  Checking up gives us an excuse to plan a get-to-gather/gether? who cares.

We are going to meet later today, one to have supper, two to do, who knows what.  Russ - you know what who knows what is.  Everyone else, I like to keep you guessing.  I will say, though, that every time we get together we have a really good gab-fest and whatever.

I should feel guilty about taking the day off, but I worked out all yesterday afternoon and got another flower bed cleaned off.  2 more to go. 

So, no guilt trip today.

Supposed to rain later anyway, so why stay at home on a Saturday when I can be out and about?   There is plenty of dog food out, and plenty of people food in the fridge and freezer, so I don't have to worry about anyone going hungry. 

If they can't help themselves, they are in trouble.

That is one of the great things about retirement.  You can come and go as you please.
And today I please to go.

Have received info on two new festivals I have never done, am considering one, can't do the other as it conflicts with my Mail Pouch Barnstormers picnic in July, and I am not about to miss the picnic -- way too much good food and fun. 

Well, have a little job to do now.  Bought a new touch lamp (I love them beside my bed) while in Amish country and it needs assembled.  Just the shade assembled, so that will probably take me the rest of the day.  If I am lucky.  If the directions make sense.  If I have the right screw driver.  If, If, If.

So, enjoy your day, especially if you have spur of the moment plans.  They sometimes are the best of all.  Whatever you do, enjoy being able to do it, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment