Tuesday, April 3, 2012

RUNNING LATE, AGAIN.....APRIL 03 2012......

So, what's new about that.  Not a whole lot.

Judging the photography at the Woodsfield art show was fun, as usual.  Some really nice stuff, some so-so stuff, and, believe it or not, the picture I judged as first place was the smallest picture in the exhibit.  Just goes to show, bigger is not always better.

Another interesting thing - they had a second judge for all the other art-work on display.  Since I hadn't arrived yet, he went ahead and judged the photo exhibit, just for fun.

By the time I had finished this other judge had left.  So the art guilt representative and I thought it would be fun to see what he had to say.  She singled out all his jury sheets for the photographers, and we compared notes.

Believe it or not, he had also picked the same one that I did for first place.  All the others were within a just a few points of each other.  Either we both knew what we were doing, or neither one of us had a clue.   I like to think that I am really good!!!!!

The above picture is the one chosen for first place in photography.  Then I have added two other pics of some of the artwork.  I don't know how they rated judging-wise, because the awards ceremony will not be until this coming Saturday, when the ribbons and cash awards will be awarded.



Usually Georgia and Dan are there when I do my judging, and we spend the rest of the day together, go out for dinner, etc.  However this year they were in Cincinnati Ohio visiting their son, d-in-law and grand-daughter Zoe.  They will be back sometime this week, and will be here Easter Sunday for dinner with the rest of the family and friends.

 The remainder of the week is pretty full, and initial food-prep will begin on Friday.  Also hope to have my potatoes planted on or before Friday.  You are supposed to have them in the ground by Good Friday. 

Also bought my 2 tomato plants today.  Keeping them in the house with the flowers I bought until the weather  stabilizes.  I only plant 2 plants because bossman does not like fresh tomatoes.  Cook o.k.  Fresh, not o.k.  So I plant just for me.

Well, time's-a-wastin, need to get productive here, so enjoy the weather and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment