Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ARE WE

HAVING FUN YET???JANUARY 29 2013....

All depends on how you look at "fun".  According to Webster there are 50 ways to look at fun.

I'm not going to go into that.  I can hear you all breathing a great sigh of relief.

I guess my impression of fun is enjoyment.  I have found that if you enjoy something, you will, invariably say, you're having fun.  We all do it. It's easier to say "I'm having fun" rather than "I'm having enjoyment". That sounds kind of stupid doesn't it? 

Folks that love winter, cold, and snow can say they are having fun.  They love to ski, snow board, ice skate, etc.  I guess they are having fun because they enjoy it. 

By the same token folks that love the hot steamy weather can say they are having fun.  They love the beach, swimming, picnicking playing ball, just about anything you can think of they enjoy. 

So where does that leave me?  I don't care for the harsh winters any more, so can't say I am having fun.  I also can't handle the hot humid weather, so can't say I am having fun.

But, I have found that when you do something you really enjoy, or love, to do, you ARE having fun, regardless of the weather around you.

Me, I love traveling, picture-taking and festivals.  I love preparing the holiday dinners and the cook-outs, and the surprise parties.  I don't pay too much attention to the weather.  Except to hope it doesn't rain on our cook-out.

I have friends who have asked how can I go out when it is - raining, foggy, snowing, hot, blowing, humid and take pictures.  Sometimes the best pictures are taken during the worst conditions. 

When you are doing something you like you don't notice the inconveniences.  Well maybe a little bit, but you don't let it stop you.  If you let all these things keep you from doing what you enjoy, you would probably never do anything.


I could have stayed in this particular day, but didn't.  Even though it looked threatening, I only experienced a few rain drops.  If I had stayed in I would never have gotten this particular picture. By the way this was at Mystic Seaport Connecticut.

Well, enough for the soap box today.  Enjoy the next couple of days, as more bad stuff is supposed to be coming.  Whatever you do, be careful, stay safe, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment