Tuesday, January 22, 2013

GUESS WHAT

THE DICTIONARY SAYS.....JANUARY 22 2013 ....

About days like today.

It is just plain cold today.  7 degrees at my house at this time of day.  Don't know what it went down to last night, but sure not going up anytime soon today.

Well, here goes:  If this doesn't make you shiver and shake in your boots, well, lucky you.

Crisp, cool, icy, freezing, nippy, brisk, keen, penetrating, snowy, frozen, blasting, cutting, snappy, piercing, chill, bitter, numbing, severe, stinging, glacial, intense, Siberian, chilly, sharp, raw, arctic, polar, below zero, frozen, clammy, stiff, blue from cold, etc. etc.  

No kidding.  That is what my Webster's New World is telling me.  That is what it said about the weather.

Now --- how about what is says about conditions -  having low temperatures.

Coldness, frozenness, chilliness, frostiness, draft, frost-bite, absence of warmth and want of heat (no kidding), shivering, goose bumps, numbness, frigidity, glaciation. 

 I could go on and on.  But I won't.  Aren't you lucky.

I just know that when I stepped out on my patio ramp the wooden floor sounded like a gun shot the creaking was so loud.  I stepped right back in.  No wonder the dogs stick their noses out the door, then start backing up.  I can just hear them saying "there's no way we are going out in THAT!!!"

Well now, that I have made a cold day seem even colder I will sign off. Stay in, stay worm and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment