Friday, January 18, 2013

WHAT A NICE ----

----SURPRISE ... JANUARY 18 2013

Life is full of surprises.  That what makes it fun.  Today's surprise is -- the sun is shining brightly, and the ice on the trees is so bright and sparkly it makes your eyes hurt to look.  How very beautiful.  If you want to see a pic you will have to check my post today on facebook.

Now, about yesterday's surprise.

I have a friend I've known for years.  He is very much involved in WashArts, an organization promoting arts in the Washington area.  One of his specialties is Art In Action.

I received a message from him yesterday wanting to know if I would be interested in participating in their month long photography show in March.  We talked, and I met with him yesterday afternoon.

The Wash Arts building is beautiful on South Street in Washington.  I will be one of just 4 photographers showing my work for the month of March.  I will have more details the middle of February.  

I do know the opening reception for the artists is Friday March 1st from 5 - 9 p.m.  From 7 - 9 p.m. there will be music.  Refreshments will be served. 

All work will be for sale.  Just when I thought this was going to be a blah period, as I am not anticipating doing any festivals until July, this came along.  Of course I am excited.

So add another project to my already long project list.  I have to determine which framed pictures I will display. 

So far the first 18 days of the year have been strange, to say the least.  Hard to believe only 13 more days and January 2013 will be history.

Enjoy the sunshine, stay warm, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment