Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WOULD ANYONE LIKE

SOME ICE ... JANUARY 16 2013...

Freezing rain moved in last night.  Everything covered with ice this morning.  Icicles everywhere.  Nothing at all moving. Absolutely nothing.   Dead calm out.  Not a sound.  Really kind of weird.

Right now this is an ugly ice storm.  They are not always ugly, but this one is. It is just dark and gloomy.  And cold. And dreary.  And slippery.  Glad I do not have to be anywhere.
But they are not always like today's.

I remember an ice storm a few years ago.  After the storm the sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful.  Every single thing sparkled in the sunlight.  It was so still, absolutely no sound.  I just stood there looking.

And then the neatest thing.  I have never forgotten that day.  The breeze picked up, and at first I just heard a little tinkle.  But as the breeze gained strength, it sounded as though a thousand wind chimes were celebrating. 

The music of the ice was breath-taking.  I just stood there listening. What a wonderful experience.  

Every time we have an ice storm I keep hoping for the singing of the ice.  I have never experienced it since.  Perhaps I never will.  But I know deep down inside that I was blessed to have experienced the Music of the Ice.   

Stay in if you can, if you can't be careful and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. very nice...I love your descriptive words...thank-you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete