Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WELL,

FINALLY ... JANUARY 09 2013 ....

That's right.  Made it out and in, both in the same day!  WOW!  The snow was soft yesterday, I slipped a couple of times, but got home o.k.  Not going out at night though.  As the temp starts to drop, the soft snow freezes into hard snow, or ice, whichever word you prefer. 

For some reason hard snow doesn't sound quite as bad as ice. 

I am starting to run low on books to read.  If I get below 6 waiting for me to enjoy I start to panic.  One of the IMPORTANT things I did yesterday was spend my Christmas Gift card I received at Wal Mart.  Brought home 6 new books to read. 

I know, I know, why don't I invest in a Kindle or some such thing.  Can't answer.  I grew up with books, have always had books around me, and just don't feel like giving up books.

I also do not want the new cell phones that do everything there is to do.  I have one - you can make calls. Period. Receive calls. Period.  I keep it with me for emergencies.   I have used it mostly when I have a flat tire on the road.  I can get help.  I use it when I am away to let everyone at home know I am o.k.   I don't get weird phone calls, or telemarketers, or any number of any thing elses.  My phone is only on when I want to use it. 

Don't know how I got on to this subject.  My only thought when I started to write was to let everyone know I am not waiting for someone to rescue me from my driveway.

It's pretty bad when your driveway can hold you hostage.  Maybe that explains why I keep telling Bossman the house is haunted.  There are so many strange sounds.  He even heard one last night, asked me "what was that?"  Told him I didn't know, it was probably the ghost.  I got one of those 'you've got to be kidding' looks, he went around looking for something out of place, decided it was nothing.

I've quit going around looking to see if something was out of place.  That could become a full-time job.

Well, enough of the rambling.  If I am lucky and the weather holds, I'll even get to Church on Sunday. 

Only 51 more weeks to go until New Years. Don't blink too many times or you will miss them  Enjoy and God Bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment