Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'M RELEASING MYSELF

TODAY .... JANUARY 08 2013 ....

That is correct.  I have things that need done.  Hopefully I will be able  to get back up my driveway.  At least I am not the only one.

We had a worker coming yesterday afternoon to do just a couple of little things that need done.  Phone rang about 3:30.  Can't get up my driveway, could I come down and pick him up.

Yeah.  Right.  Guess what.  I told him "NOPE".
I gave him Bossman's number.  At work.  Take it up with him.

In a few minutes I got phone call from Bossman.  No Hello.  Just "Well, you aren't the only one".  He was laughing.  Said he was on his way home.  The workman would wait and Bossman could bring him up the hill.

See,  it is NOT my imagination.  I am NOT the only one that can't make it up the hill.  That scenario just made my day.

Told Bossman last night I would run my errands this afternoon, and if I got stuck, he could pick me up on his way home.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, you will know I am still waiting for pick-up.  You might want to check on me.  Then again you might not.  There could be more than one of us waiting for pickup. 

You might wonder why I can't bum a ride up with the paper person, or mail person.  Well, it is because neither the paper person or mail person have to come up my driveway.  As you know all paper boxes and mail boxes have to be at the edge of your property.  We comply with the law.

Our mail box and paper box are at the end of our driveway.  They are on township road.  It is maintained.  I'm trying to figure out a way to convince them that our driveway is actually township road.  Haven't had much success as of yet.  Township road is 1/10th of a mile.  Our driveway is 3/10 of a mile.  Just because it twists and turns and switches back and forth shouldn't make any difference.

I know  I need 4 wheel drive.  Can't get a mini-van with 4 wheel, or even all wheel, drive.  Need mini-van to haul all my stuff for festivals.  Haven't found a SUV yet that will do that.  Can't afford two vehicles, so ...........

But that is all irrelevant.  Have already been informed that Bossman not leaving his vehicle out in the weather so I can have his garage stall in addition to my garage stall.  What ever happened to the age of chivalry? 

Not complaining.  Just the facts.  Such as they are.  I wouldn't ask him to do that regardless.  I can be nice when I have to.

And so how is your day going?  I'm still waiting to find out how my day is going.  In the meantime, take care and God Bless.





No comments:

Post a Comment